cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nduati
Frequent Visitor

Clear Instructions on how to publish a Power App on AppSource

Hello team,

I have tried to search for clear instructions specific to powerapps on how one can package and publish a powerapp on AppSource but i can't seem to find any. All the instructions i seem to find appear to be directed to other applications and not exactly powerapps. Could somewhere please direct me to instructions specific to PowerApps, or if you are familiar with the process, kindly advise. I am completely stuck on the next steps now that my powerapp is ready. Just to mention in case it's relevant, my data source is Sharepoint list.

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

This Post should be helpful in resolving it;

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-and-AppSource-Questions/m-p/292418

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

nduati
Frequent Visitor

I have tried following the instructions on this link, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/publish-app-appsource but i am completely stuck. I am not sure what steps to follow while creating a managed solution. Should i use the steps written on that link or should i use the Solution tab under powerapps? solution.PNG

On step 3. 

Step 3: Create an AppSource package for your app

I have tried creating a package file as instructed, but i am not sure which files they are referring to here: Coz i only have one zipped file that was generated when i used the Solutions tab to create a managed solution inside powerapps. Should i add this one zipped file while creating a package or should i unzip it and add the individual files independently? I am completely stuck and i am not sure how i am supposed to proceed, coz the more i go further on this link; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/alm/package-deployer-tool  the more confusing it becomes for me.  solution1.PNG

From, Step 3: Update the HTML files: English and other languages Step 4: Specify the configuration values for the package

All these steps are completely confusing for me. For instance under the Step. 4. What does install sample data to Common Data Service means? Does this apply to my case since i am using sharepoint list as my datasource?

solution2.PNG

Under the ImportConfig.xml file i see i am supposed to provide configurations for  <zipimportdetails>, what exactly are these? I clearly don't have csv or txt files, i only have my one zip file. 

In all honesty when i read through these instructions and try to implement them, they just don't seem to relate at all to powerapps or whatever i have as my zipped managed solution file that i generated under Solutions in powerapps. What am i missing? At this point i am completely lost and frustrated coz i can't seem to be able to publish my ready powerapps on appsource due to all these complications.  I really wish there was a simple, straightforward guide specific to powerapps putting into considerations those of us who haven't used CDS, but other datasources like Sharepoint list. This is a simple canvas powerapp with sharepoint list data source. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,919)