cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guyinazo
Advocate V
Advocate V

Clear New Form after submitting a Patch

Is there a quick and easy way to clear a form after a successful Patch save?  I have not found anything yet, except that the issue might lie in the fact that this is tied with a SharePoint list.

Thanks

Brad

17 REPLIES 17

Is it all the fields that retain the previous data or just the look up based ones?

Actually now that you say it, the ones that seem to reset are the Yes/No toggles.  I do have those set to default to Yes on the SharePoint side.  And no, it is not just the lookup columns as the Comments field retains its text.

And send me a link to your BLOG.  I would like to read it.

@guyinazo

Are you still having this issue ? I am using a patch function as well but it clears the data after submitting it. I am trying to achieve the oppsite of you, I need to keep the data after submitting it. If you can share your expression it will be helpful.

Thanks,

@ck25415 I am using a patch function but the forms do not clear but I want it to. I am trying to use the NewForm Function but it does not reset the forms. 

Patch (ResearchApp, Defaults(ResearchApp),Form2.Updates, Form3.Updates, Form3_1.Updates, Form3_2.Updates, Form3_3.Updates, Form3_4.Updates); If(IsEmpty(Errors(ResearchApp, Defaults(ResearchApp))), Navigate(Welcome, ScreenTransition.Fade));NewForm(Form2);NewForm(Form3);NewForm(Form3_1);NewForm(Form3_2);NewForm(Form3_3);NewForm(Form3_4)

is the complete formula. 

Can you provide an example of your formula that is clearing?

I figured it out. I moved the newform/resetform functions to my new button instead of my patch button, since the patch button redirects to the new button anyways after the patch completes. This fixed it. Now, I just have 1 more issue. When I submit, even if there is an error on the page, it redirects to the new form. How can I get it to stay on the page if there is an error, when I am using navigate in the patch process?

Hello @Roberts2727  @Andy_Tuke 

I am having the same problem, I am using a patch command on form submit button and after submission, when I go to create New Record from (+) it shows me previous submitted data on NewForm.

Why is that happening like this any idea??

Thanks!  I was trying to clear individual items before I found this solution.  This is exactly what was needed to ensure a fresh sheet was available.  All images back to default state and can still pass data from the main page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,548)