cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidV
Frequent Visitor

Clear SharePoint field data

I would like to clear field/column value on click of a button for a particular item. I have a SharePoint Person type field (AssignedTo). I have tried using Patch and Blank function but it is not clearing the value. Currently, the AssignedTo value is set to a single user. 

Patch(Bookings, First(Filter(TaskList, BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID = ID)),{
AssignedTo:Blank()
}
)

I have tried ClearCollection function and UpdateContext({ReservedBy:""}) but that didn't work as well.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

After hours of reseraching I could not clear a date value on the SharePoint list using Powerapps. I got this to work by using flow. However, it's not what I wanted to use for something as simple as this, but it was a workaround for now incase anyone is looking for one.

Create new Instant Flow, initiated by PowerApps button.

Get Item, 'ask in powerapps' for the ID. In PowerApps on a button I did... On Select: FlowName.Run(ThisItem.ID)

See screenshot for steps in flow. In the date column, I went to the Expression tab, typed in null and clicked OK. Inserts a Null expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you already try AssignedTo: NULL ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @DavidV 

There´s another post with this solution:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/How-to-clear-SharePoint-quot-Person-or-g...

I hope it´s not too late!

johnnie
Frequent Visitor

I was dealing with a SharePoint list that had a Choice Column.  My column had three choices, "", "PASS", and "FAIL".  I struggled getting the SharePoint list to update when I was attempting to set the column to Blank().  However, once I started setting the column to "", all was well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (3,134)