cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobN
Level: Powered On

Clear completed without deleting ticket in HelpDesk app

Is there a way to clear completed tickets in the Help Desk app?  I do not want to delete them as I want to use the information for building a FAQ, however as it gets used more, both the users and myself have to scroll a fair amount to find tickets that are not completed.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Clear completed without deleting ticket in HelpDesk app

hI @RobN 

If(isAdmin,Sort(TicketList,Id,Descending),Sort(Filter(TicketList,Author = MyProfile.Mail And TaskStatus <> "COMPLETED" ),Id,Descending))

Add above formula in bold to the gallery showcasing the tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

RobN

When I attempt this I get all sorts of errors.

error.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RobN 

Looks like you are not referencing the correct TaskStatus column

try

And TicketList[@TaskStatus] <>"COMPLETED"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

RobN

Thanks Reza, but I'm afraid I may just be missing the logic behind this. So there is no ticketlist when I'm adding statements, so I have just selected Alltickets, also it does not appriciate the = or <> statements and still gives a single error.  Please see highlighted below.  Am I not supposed to be doing this in the MyTicketScreenGallary section?

error.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RobN 

Try

If(isAdmin,Sort(AllTickets,Id,Descending),Sort(Filter(AllTickets,Author = MyProfile.Mail And AllTickets[@TaskStatus] <>"COMPLETED"),Id,Descending))

Assuming your AllTickets works same as my TciketsList

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RobN 

did this work 

Just curios to know 🙂

RobN

Hi Reza,

It did not, it claims = and <> are invalid argument types.  I have tried creating it step by step and checking to see if there is valid language but by doing that I think I may prevent it from doing what I want.

error.PNG

Smatera9681

I would like to do the same thing, here is my original logic that works

If(isAdmin,Sort(AllTickets,Created,Descending),Sort(Filter(AllTickets,Author.Email=MyProfile.Mail||Author.Claims=MyProfile.UserPrincipalName),Created,Descending))

I just want to add to show only tickets that are not completed

I tried the above logic you posted but it doesnt work

If(isAdmin,Sort(AllTickets,Created,Descending),Sort(Filter(AllTickets,Author.email = MyProfile.Mail || Author.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalNameAnd AllTickets[@TaskStatus] <>"COMPLETED"),Id,Descending))

But that doesnt work, any help would be great

Trusner

This does not show any error, however all tickets are still visible.

If
(isAdmin,
Sort
(AllTickets,Created,Descending),
Sort
(Filter(AllTickets,Author.Email = MyProfile.Mail And TaskStatus.Value = "NOT STARTED" Or "IN PROGRESS" || Author.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalName ),
Created,Descending )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,086)