cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobN
Level: Powered On

Clear completed without deleting ticket in HelpDesk app

Is there a way to clear completed tickets in the Help Desk app?  I do not want to delete them as I want to use the information for building a FAQ, however as it gets used more, both the users and myself have to scroll a fair amount to find tickets that are not completed.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Clear completed without deleting ticket in HelpDesk app

hI @RobN 

If(isAdmin,Sort(TicketList,Id,Descending),Sort(Filter(TicketList,Author = MyProfile.Mail And TaskStatus <> "COMPLETED" ),Id,Descending))

Add above formula in bold to the gallery showcasing the tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

RobN

When I attempt this I get all sorts of errors.

error.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RobN 

Looks like you are not referencing the correct TaskStatus column

try

And TicketList[@TaskStatus] <>"COMPLETED"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

RobN

Thanks Reza, but I'm afraid I may just be missing the logic behind this. So there is no ticketlist when I'm adding statements, so I have just selected Alltickets, also it does not appriciate the = or <> statements and still gives a single error.  Please see highlighted below.  Am I not supposed to be doing this in the MyTicketScreenGallary section?

error.PNG

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RobN 

Try

If(isAdmin,Sort(AllTickets,Id,Descending),Sort(Filter(AllTickets,Author = MyProfile.Mail And AllTickets[@TaskStatus] <>"COMPLETED"),Id,Descending))

Assuming your AllTickets works same as my TciketsList

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RobN 

did this work 

Just curios to know 🙂

RobN

Hi Reza,

It did not, it claims = and <> are invalid argument types.  I have tried creating it step by step and checking to see if there is valid language but by doing that I think I may prevent it from doing what I want.

error.PNG

Smatera9681

I would like to do the same thing, here is my original logic that works

If(isAdmin,Sort(AllTickets,Created,Descending),Sort(Filter(AllTickets,Author.Email=MyProfile.Mail||Author.Claims=MyProfile.UserPrincipalName),Created,Descending))

I just want to add to show only tickets that are not completed

I tried the above logic you posted but it doesnt work

If(isAdmin,Sort(AllTickets,Created,Descending),Sort(Filter(AllTickets,Author.email = MyProfile.Mail || Author.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalNameAnd AllTickets[@TaskStatus] <>"COMPLETED"),Id,Descending))

But that doesnt work, any help would be great

Trusner

This does not show any error, however all tickets are still visible.

If
(isAdmin,
Sort
(AllTickets,Created,Descending),
Sort
(Filter(AllTickets,Author.Email = MyProfile.Mail And TaskStatus.Value = "NOT STARTED" Or "IN PROGRESS" || Author.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalName ),
Created,Descending )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,698)