Search Text in combobox is not getting clear in following scenarios.
1. Open combo box and type something in search. Without selecting an item focus out. On Focus out, Search text is shown as selected.
OnChange event of combo box is not getting fired in this case as item is not selected.
2. Search in combox box and select an item. Next time when opens, it is showing items related to search text.
Please help to get this resolved.
Hi Levina, do you see an item being selected when you focus out of the Combo box? I believe the search text remains, but the item is not selected (doesn't have a box around it).
I'm sorry for a late reply. If I understand your question correctly, the described behaviour is by design. The search text should not be cleared in those 2 cases. This is to hint the user the relevance of displayed (filtered) results.
Hi @dinusc. I utilize the SearchText property on ComboBoxes to allow fill-in responses to choice fields. So I appreciate this functionality you're describing.
However, the SearchText clears when I navigate away from the screen that holds the control, then navigate back. Is there any way for the SearchText to persist until the control is reset?
Hello @denglish , I cannot observe the behavior that you describe. My test:
1. Create a blank app
2. Add ComboBox and Button on the first screen
3. Add a new Blank screen and add Button on the second screen.
4. Set Button1.Select=Navigate(Screen2) , Button2.Select=Navigate(Screen1)
5. Preview the app, Type "Item 3" in the ComboBox search.
6. Click on Button1 to navigate to Screen2, click on Button2 to go back to the first screen.
Observe that the "Item 3" is still in the Search Text.
@dinusc , thanks for looking into this. I'm not sure what is causing it in my case, if it is not normal for this to be happening, but I did find a workaround that works in my app.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!