cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DieselPower21

ClearCollect Filter fails to limit returns record within OnStart of App

Initially I started trying this with a list with "Choices" as a column type in list with State and Configuration being the field names but now even with creating the file on the fly the filter fails. Why is this filter not limiting the records it returns? I have tried ( =, lower() to check case, and others) I really need to match the exact string in the column data.  All examples that I usually see is working with drop down or some sort of object that might reference ThisItem.Value.  The goal here is to get a list of existing lists and have another list(meetingConfig) be able to turn on or off the list of choice so I don't use it later when combining data so that the user does not have to delete it.  This will also be applied to planner lookups later.

// Setup Collection

ClearCollect(MeetingConfig,

{ Title: "test1", Configuration: "Agenda", State: "Open" },
{ Title: "test2", Configuration: "Meeting", State: "Open" });

//Make sure Collection is empty
Clear(AgendaList);
ClearCollect(AgendaList, Filter( MeetingConfig, "agenda" in Lower(MeetingConfig.Configuration ) ) );

DieselPower21_0-1625230958514.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_10
Super User
Super User

@DieselPower21 

Clear(AgendaList);
ForAll(MeetingConfig As ThisConfig, If("agenda " in Lower(ThisConfig.Configuration), Collect(AgendaList, ThisConfig)))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Alex_10
Super User
Super User

@DieselPower21 

Clear(AgendaList);
ForAll(MeetingConfig As ThisConfig, If("agenda " in Lower(ThisConfig.Configuration), Collect(AgendaList, ThisConfig)))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,594)