cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ClearCollect a SQL View

When editting my PowerApp I am able to perform a clearcollect on a sql view to store the information for cases where the user wants to add a new record to a subsequent table.

On publishing it appears that the clearcollect feature no longer works, my collection is blank.  I know that SQL views are currently read-only but does this include populating a collection, and is it the case that there would be a difference between edit mode and published mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: ClearCollect a SQL View

I resolved this - it appears that the issue was around the explicit column selection setting - once I turned that off my collection populated correctly as expected.

I got my clue from here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/ClearCollect-and-Filter-working-in-weba...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I resolved this - it appears that the issue was around the explicit column selection setting - once I turned that off my collection populated correctly as expected.

I got my clue from here

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/ClearCollect-and-Filter-working-in-weba...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I'm having this exact same problem: Unable to consistently ClearCollect a SQL View on mobile device ONLY. Works fine in IDE Preview Mode and Browser Player. Unfortunately, turning off Explicit Column Selection DID NOT HELP. How can I debug and fix this? This app is late due to this issue.

Thank you

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have exactly the same problem. I ClearCollect data from filtered sql table and it does not return all the data, i.e the last record saved to the sql table. (and yes the record is saved and i can see it in sql table)

Turning off Explict Column Selection does not help me either. 

Strange thing is when I repeat the ClearCollect again a few minutes later the last record is returned from the sql table.

Has anyone found a fix yet?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @t19670 , I think I ended up doing a Refresh() on BOTH the View and its associated tables after submitting record to get the latest change to appear. Have you tried this?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

grrrr..... spent 6 hours trying to sort out why the data in some fields wasn't showing up in a collection when performing a clearcollect against an SQL table.  finally came across this post.  turning off the explicit column feature and the issue went away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,956)