cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanjundan
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

ClearCollect for Date value is not working

I have a table in SQL server with column types as 'Int', 'String', 'Date'. On initial load of the app, i will collect all the table data and date value is coming correctly. I will edit data in Form for the table and submits form. So i will use 'ClearCollect'. All other data is coming perfectly, but Date value is coming as NULL. But in backend there is some data

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nanjundan,

So the Date field is in 'Date' type?

There are some known issues with the ''Date' type field.

Please take a try to add a 'datetime' type field, see if that would help.

Adding a thread for reference (Issue also insists under SQL Server on-premise, confirmed):

Date, DateTime, SQL AZURE

Response from Staff Eric:

"

There is currently a known issue with the Date field type for SQL Azure where the Date will not display on PowerApps. Our team has identified the issue and the fix should be out soon (within the next release or two). Please use DateTime in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Eric. Software Engineer. PowerApps Staff

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-micsh-msft, please allow me to make a few comments.

Substituting a date type field by a datetime field unleashes a host of larger problems related to time zones.  This means that someone's birthday will be different to different people depending on their timezone settings.  This is why support for a date column is needed.  Also you currently cannot filter datetime fields with > or < hence cannot filter datetime periods.  I understand that you are working on this, so will patiently wait for a resolution.

In the meanwhile a better fix is to use an integer field and store the date as yyyymmdd.  This way you do not have to deal with time zones and you can search for time periods. A little bit of parsing is needed, but there are numerous posts on this by me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,992)