cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshnystrom Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Clearing out people picker field

@sjcitpro,

Yeah, that's how I was doing it before I started down this path. However, when I started rebuilding my App from scratch, I decided I wanted to avoid the Flow. In my previous build, I was relying on rough-guess timers to be able to accurately navigate screens based on Flow successes/failures - perhaps unnecessarily?

Thankfully my Person field is a People field... again, hopefully we get general availability of patching-to-null soon.

Cheers,

Josh

Khender9

Hi josh not sure why it didn’t work for me, the patch to people field looks for a record not a table so it didn’t work but just changing your code a little it worked a charm! Thanks

Patch(testlist,
ID:ItemID,{personfield:Lookup(blankperson,Claims=blank())}
)

Works a treat
LeonSig
Frequent Visitor

In case anyone finds their way here. I think they made some changes to PowerApps that now allow the Blank() function to patch a blank value to people picker fields. You do need to have the experimental feature turned on though.

In my case, I was trying to clear the value from a single select People Picker in order to return an item to a general queue where it could be reclaimed by another. I was working with the items inside of a gallery, so you may have to alter it to fit what you need. What ended up working was:

Patch(YourListName, ThisItem, {PeoplePickerFieldName: Blank()})

This cleared the people picker value and reset it to blank

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,762)