cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppsDawg
Frequent Visitor

Clickable Diagram in Powerapps

hey community ! , 

I was wondering can Power Apps make use of data bound objects like the ones found in PowerBI.

specifically i was thinking about the synoptic panel visualisation.  the use case I'm considering is car park booking. 

What id like to do is import a plan of a car park into PowerApps  and then define data objects inside the plan. I know I could create the carpark plan out of shapes, but this isnt ideal when there are alot of spaces

The user would be able to click on the space, see details, book the space if it was free.

Free spaces would be highlighted in green on the map. 

I can almost do the whole thing in PowerBI but ideally i think it would be better contained in only PowerApps.

Do you think it needs a custom component ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I would add the image in the media area. then would call the image into the image control and place it on the canvas.

Then I would place clear buttons over each space for the user to select, then..........

Fell free to contact me directly and I can send you a teams pointer and try to help you

shrutika_patil

There can be two ways to achieve the synoptic diagram in PowerApps (Canvas Apps)

1. Using PowerApps Gallery control:  You can use the out-of-the-box PowerApps Gallery control by little trick. Use the Vertical Gallery and select the 3 Columns layout for the gallery. You can control the number of columns in row using WrapCount property. Inside gallery put circle or rectangle and handle the fill color property based on the space availability and user selection. Create Collection based on carpark layout and bind it to the gallary.
  2. Build PCF code component. This will give you lot of control over.

Thanks,

Shrutika

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (20,878)