Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naps
Helper I
Helper I

Clickable button inside view form

Hi,

I have a form that by default is in view mode. However while the form is in view mode I want a button that is clickable so a user can go to a details screen. For example a user can select a planned service from a gallery, this will show a form in view mode with all the details with a button for the location that links to the location screen showing details particular to that location.

I added a button to the data card in my form but despite setting displaymode.edit onselect does not work until I change the form to displaymode.edit.  Displaymode for the button isn't inheriting its displaymode from the form so I'm not sure why its not working.

Is there a way to have a button that has displaymode.edit inside a form that is set to displaymode.view?

Naps_0-1629944238815.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Naps ,

Other than putting the button "on top" of the form, unfortunately this is one of the annoying issues with View mode in Forms.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Naps ,

Other than putting the button "on top" of the form, unfortunately this is one of the annoying issues with View mode in Forms.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Naps
Helper I
Helper I

Unfortunately I came to the same conclusion. I don't understand why this is not possible (the option is even there in the menu...). Without clickable objects in a view form it is really hard to make an app that can drill down on data in a sensible way.

For now I've decided to set displaymode.edit.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,109)