cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tielure1
Level: Powered On

Coach Booking Start?

Hi,

So I'm currently trying to come up with the process of building a coach booking app? I'm unsure if powerapps has the tools to go about this but I will explain. What I want as a basic is

• User fills out form with infomation (names of people on coach, phone numbers, destination)
  • There is a list of avaliable drivers on days, and I want these to be assigned to the user submitted forms, and return if it is already booked. Also allow for editing of planned dates
  • It should all be placed on the drivers calenders, as well as the users calanders so they know.

Any help would be appreciated in what tools I should use

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
R3dKap
Level 10

Re: Coach Booking Start?

Hi @Tielure1,

I see only one specific point that you have to confirm first before you can use PowerApps to do this app: the people who will book the cars, are they inside the same company where the app will reside ? Because these people will need an account on the same Office 365 tenant than the app's to be able to use it.

Appart from that, I don't see any reason why you couldn't do an app that corresponds exactly to your needs.

You could use SharePoint as a backend to store your data:

• one list for the drivers
  • one list for the bookings

Then you could use the Outlook365 connector to manipulate people's agendas.

Does that help you in any way ?

Emmanuel

Tielure1
Level: Powered On

Re: Coach Booking Start?

Hi @R3dKap,

This will be a company based app, so all the users will have an office365 account.

Thanks for the feedback, if possible do you think there's any tutorials or articles that could help me in my journey, I am fairly new to powerapps so I am unsure where to start? I have developed a few small scale apps before hand though!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,196)