cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Connor55
Resolver I
Resolver I

Collect Record from combobox selection

Hi!  I'm trying to collect a record from a selected record in a combobox with this:

 

Collect(PullSheetCollection, InventorySearch.Selected)

 

I have an entity called "Inventories" that's the source of a combobox "InventorySearch" - and I'm using a collection called "PullSheetCollection."

The issue, is when I run the collect function it's only collecting the record from the column that's displayed in the combobox - not the entire record.  My collection actually has all of the columns from the entity in the combobox, but the only one getting filled is the Commercial_Name column - which is what is displayed in the combobox.  

 

Any ideas?  

12 REPLIES 12
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Connor55,

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the ComboBox?

 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, if you save the selected record within the ComboBox into a collection directly, only the display column and the Unique Identifier Column would be populated with proper value.

 

As an alternative solution, I think the LookUp function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

Inventories

specify the proper column as display value within the ComboBox.

Then modify your Collect formula as below:

ClearCollect(
             PullSheetCollection, 
             LookUp(Inventories, 'Unique Identifier Column' = ComboBox1.Selected.'Unique Identifier Column')
)

please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply.

I have my items set to "Inventories."

See the previous replies about the lookup function. It works, but it only collects column values that have been previously referenced in the app.

After some more searching I found someone with a similar problem - I think it was a new feature added.  You just have to turn off Explicit Column Selection.  

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 9.30.11 AM.png

Thanks to @v-siky-msft
He solved this in the original case I found. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,368)