cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Collect SharePoint list data multi-line text with append

I need to collect data from a SharePoint list that has a multi-line text column with append.   

ClearCollect(ApproverRequests, Filter(PremiumLicenseRequests, varUser = Approver))

The justification column in the collection is empty.   The justification column in the list is a multi-line text column with the append setting turned on.

justificationcolumn.png

justification2.png

justification3.png

What do I need to do to be able to bring this content into the app?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Sorry to say - PowerApps does not support Multi-Line text columns with Append.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Sorry to say - PowerApps does not support Multi-Line text columns with Append.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Alrighty then....................

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Yeah...not probably the answer you wanted, but that's where it is.

I have seen some workarounds for this, but they are messy!  The involve doing GraphAPI calls in your app to the list to try and get the information.  Not an easy solution!

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

I am not afraid of hard solutions where they make sense.  In this case, it's not necessary.    It's nice when you are the customer, you can make these decisions and they are easy.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Yes, if it was a hard need and requirement, then the effort is worth it.  But for when there are alternatives...drop it like a rock!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,429)