Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elia
Advocate I
Advocate I

Collect and display document comments

Hi,

Is there a way to collect comments created by users in documents like Word, Excel and pdf (when they insert "comment" or tag a person).

And display them listed in an app for each of the documents?

Comments are not text in a column in a list, but inside the document itself, as part of the revision.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elia ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like to take out comments from documents like work docs, spreadsheet or pdf? What kind of comments would users leave in a document?

I think you could use AI Builder to extract comments from word documents or recognize comments from pdf files or images. See AI Builder document automation:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-9e51064f-f6a5-41a2-89a9-9785a9d6c706/aibui...

But it is not possible to get comments from different kinds of files.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Elia
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @v-jefferni , Thanks for your response.
The comments I would like to extract are not loose text mixed with the document content, but the ones you specifically add by selecting: Add New Comment. See screenshots attached.
I assumed there will be some way to extract this info, as it must be already classified as Comments in the document content and metadata, isn't it?
Regarding the type of documents, we will need this done indistinctly of the document type, mostly Word; Excel and pdf files.

2021-02-18 13_05_12-Benchmark Database_rev6.5.xlsm - Excel.png

2021-02-18 13_05_38-Benchmark Database_rev6.5.xlsm - Excel.png

  

Hi @v-jefferni , Thanks for your response.
The comments I would like to extract are not loose text mixed with the document content, but the ones you specifically add by selecting: Add New Comment. See screenshots attached.
I assumed there will be some way to extract this info, as it must be already classified as Comments in the document content and metadata, isn't it?
Regarding the type of documents, we will need this done indistinctly of the document type, mostly Word; Excel and pdf files.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Elia ,

I'm afraid in Power Apps there is no way to capture all comments form various of files right now.

If you would like this feature be added into Power Apps, you could suggest an idea in Power Apps Idea Forum:

Power Apps Ideas - Power Platform Community

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,819)