cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Collect attachments directly using a Collection to store the files (no list, no DB)

Hi to all! 
In my app, I would like to give the user the possibility to send an email with attachments to a predefined address . Therefore, nothing to be saved anywhere: I fill Subject and Body, I select my attachments, I click on SEND and that's it.

Well, I read a lot of posts about the "attachments" control, and it seems to me that I MUST use either a sharepoint list or a SQL table to temporarily store the attachments (so I can collect them in a Collection and attach them to the email). There is no way to use a Collection only to store the attachments before sending the email. 

Is that correct? 

THX in advance!
Bye,
A.-

2 REPLIES 2
Helper II
Helper II

A side-question: this means I should use a "temporary table" in Sharepoint or in SQL to storemy attachments before collecting them in a Collectino and sending them. Is it better if I use a sharepoint list or a SQL table? Both give me the same features?

Helper II
Helper II

@v-monli-msft, I've seen you're quite expert with Attachments 🙂 I am sorry to pull you in, are you able to answer my question? 
THX
Bye!
A.-

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,230)