Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisep
Helper II
Helper II

Collect: only shows object for User column

Hi all,

I would appreciate if someone can help me with a problem with the collect function.

I have a SP list with a User column. When I create a collect, in this column don't appear the name of the user, only an object.

Also, when I create a tabledata, in this user column just appeared "[objectObject]".

I've tried to set up this column as "job email", but also appear an object in the collect.

Is there any way for the name to appear in the collect, so that I can use it to send mails?

KR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
h-nagao
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Because SharePoint Person column is complexed field and its "value" is object.

For data table control, you need to turn on experimental feature to display Email from person field.

(See attached)

Or when create collection, you can add extra column by AddColumns(datasource name, "email", Person.Email)

*Here I assume Person field name is Person. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
h-nagao
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Because SharePoint Person column is complexed field and its "value" is object.

For data table control, you need to turn on experimental feature to display Email from person field.

(See attached)

Or when create collection, you can add extra column by AddColumns(datasource name, "email", Person.Email)

*Here I assume Person field name is Person. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,105)