cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cmvanwingerden
Level: Powered On

Collect to an excel file

I am trying to add data from my CDS to an excel file for printing purposes and I am running into an error. I have button that collects from my excel table and the items are from a table in my CDS but the error i am getting is "Incompatible Type. ""The "Complete_Status_TR" column in the datasource you're updating expects a "Text" type and you're using a "Boolean" Type. "" From my research i know excel doesnt have a boolean format so is that a work around of is there a way to eliminate that column from the collect function because i dont need it in the excel file. My current formula looks like this.

Collect(AxTable1,'Treatment Records')

Worse case I know i can collect each column individally but would like to avoid if possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Collect to an excel file

Hi @cmvanwingerden

You should be able to exclude your "Complete_Status_TR"  column by calling the DropColumns function like so:

Collect(AxTable1, DropColumns('Treatment Records'), "Complete_Status_TR")

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @cmvanwingerden

You should be able to exclude your "Complete_Status_TR"  column by calling the DropColumns function like so:

Collect(AxTable1, DropColumns('Treatment Records'), "Complete_Status_TR")

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel does have a Boolean type but it may be stored as 0 and 1 in the xlsx file. it sbeen a while since I ripped one apart.

have you thought of using a Flow to achieve this as there are better tools for mucking around with tables and such. Its also a lot easier to code it in Flow too.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for posting in the community @cmvanwingerden! Can you review the two replies and advise if it solves your issue?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,484)