cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Collecting ThisItem and and a DropDown Value is causing multiple lines in my Collection

Hello,

I have a drop down on a gallery.  On Change of the drop down, I have the following formula:  Collect(CollectionName, ThisItem, {DropDownName: DropDownName.Selected.Value}).  When I look at my collection after a change, it is showing all of the attributes associated with ThisItem on one line and then a second line shows only the drop down selected value.  The ThisItem attributes are feeding in from a power bi report.  In the screenshot below, the 6 should be in the blank spot above.  RestockQty is the column name in my formula.  I wrote it generic above to be more clear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike_54_0-1600093147917.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Mike_54 

In case, you want to collect only the dropdown selections, can you update the expression to: Collect(CollectionName, {DropDownName: DropDownName.Selected.Value})

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Mike_54 

I am assuming that you have CollectionName in the Items property of the gallery. In case you want to modify the record, you need to update the expression to:

Patch(CollectionName, ThisItem, {DropDownName: DropDownName.Selected.Value})

Collect is used to only add new values and not update the existing ones.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thank you for the reply!  I do have a separate gallery with CollectionName in the item property.  This gallery, however is showing the data coming in from power bi.  Then, the user selects a value in the drop down and it should add a row for that item with the new drop down qty to the collection.  So, the collection is blank before the user selects a drop down value.  Is that more clear?

@Mike_54 

In case, you want to collect only the dropdown selections, can you update the expression to: Collect(CollectionName, {DropDownName: DropDownName.Selected.Value})

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. 

Ideally, I would be able to add all the info attached to the item to a row in my collection with the selection in the drop down.  If I change my formula to Collect(CollectionName,{Article: ThisItem.Article, RestockQty: DropDownName.Selected.Value}) then it will put them on the same row.  I have to spell out all the columns I want, but not a big deal.  The only issue now, is that I have multiple items and each has it's own drop down.  However, if I select the first item and a drop down value of 1, I see it correctly on my collection.  If I then select a second item's drop down and choose 2, it will add another row to my collection, but it will now show the selection of "2" on both rows.   How can I get the collection to show the selected value in the specific drop down associated to each item?

Hi @Mike_54 

I used the same expression that you are using and I am able to get the required results. Can you confirm if you have any other expression that might affect the behaviour?

Hope this Helps!

You're right.  There were something off on the gallery where I was showing my collection.  Everything is working now.  Thank you!  I'll mark your answer as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (92,179)