cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krickard
Helper III
Helper III

Collecting only certain columns with ShowColumns and a filter

I have a few statements that I'm attempting to merge together that aren't passing syntax validation. I'm unsure how to best nest these statements. 

First off I have a SP list of data that I want to copy to a collection. This works by itself except that it pulls all kinds of strange columns names like "OData_..." and even changes exiting SP column names to cryptic ones such as "ooyw". 

ClearCollect(colsavedsurvey,Filter(savedsurvey,saved_surveyname = ThisItem.Result));

I came across a post that talked about using ShowColumns to collect just the columns I want from the SP list. Something like this...

ClearCollect(stage,ShowColumns(colsavedsurvey, "saved_surveyname", "saved_category", "saved_question", "saved_qid", "saved_answer1", "saved_answer1points", "saved_answer2", "saved_answer2points", "saved_answer3", "saved_answer3points", "saved_answer4", "saved_answer4points", "saved_answer5", "saved_answer5points"));

BTW... secondary problem, it does not like this ShowColumns code, says the columns don't exist.  

So the ask is... How do I use a collect with a filter to only select certain columns from a SP list into a collection?  I've tried this as well, with no good results...

ClearCollect(colsavedsurvey,Filter(savedsurvey,saved_surveyname = ThisItem.Result), ShowColumns(colsavedsurvey, "saved_surveyname", "saved_category", "saved_question", "saved_qid", "saved_answer1", "saved_answer1points", "saved_answer2", "saved_answer2points", "saved_answer3", "saved_answer3points", "saved_answer4", "saved_answer4points", "saved_answer5", "saved_answer5points"));

Thanks in advance for your thought cycles. Let me know if there is additional information that would help. 

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @krickard ,

Is the double quotes ("") helpful for your scenario?

If the double quotes ("") I mentioned above is also helpful in your scenario, please also consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify my reply as helpful.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,193)