Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ursNani
Advocate II
Advocate II

Collection Showing delegation

Hi ,

I am filtering data ON Screen visible . here is my code ClearCollect(CollALL,Filter('Development Specs','Revision?'<>true && 'Parts in SAP?'=true)) .

But it is showing delegation warning . Please help me 

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ursNani 

Using "Not" (or <> in your case) is not delegable to your datasource.

Depending on the size of your list, there are several ways to work around it.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

Hi 
Please help me how i can remove delegation warning . 

Thanks 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ursNani 

As mentioned - this depends on the size of the list.  How big is the list?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@RandyHayes 

Now it has 3k+ items and its still counting 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ursNani 

So your criteria for the <> is never going to be delegable (or at least not any time soon).

You would need to either:

A) Implement a different logic in a column in your datasource (i.e. a 'Not Revision?' column) that would contain the Not of your Revision column.

B) If your Parts In SAP result set will be less than 2000, then you can change your formula to the following:

With({_preFilter: Filter('Development Specs', 'Parts in SAP?')},

ClearCollect(CollALL,
        Filter(_preFilter, !'Revision?')
    )
)

C) Pull all records into your app (bad choice, but if there is no other option!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,036)