cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amelie
Frequent Visitor

Collection automatic refresh

Hi all,

I have developed 2 apps that are integrated in a Powerbi report, therefore the end users are using the apps by accessing the powerbi report. 

These 2 apps are kind of related meaning that the users have the option to check a specific box in the first app (name: Incidents) so the new item added to be visible also in the second app (Name: Action Plan).  (to be more clear, the users are adding a safety incident in the first app and in the second they can see the actions to overcome that incident and all the info is added in the first app). The second app can also be used as a stand alone app, but there may be cases when the users will want to populate the second app, by filling the first app). 

My issues are the following:

- for the app to be more performant, to load faster, I have used in OnVisible property of the main screen the ClearCollect function where I am importing the data that I need from a sql database 

- after the user is filling all the info required and click on the submit button, the data is patched to the sql table, then I refresh the table and clearcollect again the collection

- all good until now, the new item is added and visible in my app. However, the new item added is not visible in the second app, unless I refresh the browser or add a new item by using the second app

There is any possible way to refresh the collection without refreshing the browser, adding a new button to let the user refresh the collection etc. 

I would like to be user friendly and to display automatically the new item added without any action from the user. 

Hopefully my description is clear. 

Any hint is welcome. 

thanks a lot!

1 REPLY 1
Anousha
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

You could try inserting a timer and making it invisible, then adding your refresh code to OnTimerEnd then set your duration to however often you want your data to refresh.

Hope this helps,

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,175)