Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenro
Helper IV
Helper IV

Collection column format, from date to text

Hey guys,

I have a collection which is created from datasource. Now I need to make some adjustments in the collection and merge it with another collection..Long story

The thing is, the original collection I have a column where date is formatted as date, but I need it to be text.

I know the formula Text(Date, "dd.mm.yyyy") But how to use this for the whole column and change this format?

Will appreciate your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lenro ,

You could add the text column when collection creation:

ClearCollect(Collection,{"Text Date":Text('Date Column')})

Maybe you could share the collection creation formula so that we will be able to help you further of the formula.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Have you tried:

Text(ThisItem.Date, "dd.mm.yyyy")

🙂

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

This one will work if I need to view the data, but I need to have it in collection. So I actually need to have a column with another format, where I can use my data

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Oh I understand have you tried using addcolumns and collecting that e.g:

AddColumns(Collection,"Text Date",Text('Date Column'))

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

Yes, I actually did. It is not giving any error, but it is also not adding a new column, not even a blank one

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lenro ,

You could add the text column when collection creation:

ClearCollect(Collection,{"Text Date":Text('Date Column')})

Maybe you could share the collection creation formula so that we will be able to help you further of the formula.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,290)