cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Collection creation error - name isn't valid

This just started late last week.  This app already has two other collections in it that were created without issue earlier but now when I go to create a new one (via Collect or ClearCollect) I get this 'name not valid' error.

collectionnamenotvalid.png

Any ideas or suggestions to fix this?  The only other similar thing I could find out there the user basically said it magically fixed itself after some amount of time.

Thanks, Ed

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Collection creation error - name isn't valid

Hi @edbellman ,

try this:

ClearCollect(text123,{abc:""})

ClearCollect expects the column names and values (at least one) see the below article for more details and syntax:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-clear-collect-clearc...

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@KrishnaV thanks, I was aware of the syntax requirements but didn't recall it throwing an error so early previously so that was throwing me off a bit.  Plus I was trying to use the LookUp function to grab an item from a SP list (not shown in my screenshot) and finally realized in that scenario you leave out the { } brackets - did that and all the errors went away.  Sometimes it's the simple stuff that get you, haha! 😣

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @edbellman ,

Not necessarily that, clearcollect always expect either the columns and its values or the dataset directly as below:
clearcollect(colABC,Filter(SPList,ID>10))

In the above statement, I have not {} but this works smoothly because I am passing a dataset directly.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,296)