Collection in Email Body

Hi PG

I have a collection: TableX

Product Qty

Acer 10

Samsung 4

Asus 2

Surface 3

I can use Launch(mailto: xxx@live.com, with Concat(TableX, Product & "%0A%0A%")) with Windows 10 Apps (and even in Project Siena), where "%0A%0A%" = Carriage Return, where data in collection (example under Product, is email in body as VERTIFICALLY...

Acer 10

Samsung 4

Asus 2

Surface 3.

But when I do the same for Android,m it fail and it also failed in Microsoft Flows.

It always show: Acer 10 Samsung 4 Asus 2 Surface 3 (in horizontal).

Today, after the new update, Microsoft Flow for email works. Thanks, but yet I can't achieve sending collection.

Email.Run("xx@live.com", "My shipping list", Concat(TableX, Product & " " & Qty & " " & "%0A%0A").

"%0A%0A" did not work. Any alternative? PG. Thanks

hpkeong
7 REPLIES 7
Community Champion
Community Champion

Instead of "%0A%0A%", use Char(10). That's the code for a carriage return.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Dang:

I had tried Char(10) [I got it from Project Siena forum under your thread]...anyhow, it has no result, too.

Anyway thanks.

I will await for PG Staff to update me if this is available!

NB: In fact, %0A%0A is something I learnt from Browser, where I open Email, and hit F12 to see the source code and learnt from their source.

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you try &Char(10)&Char(10)& so it does two? I didn't realize you had two of those "%0A."

I am also interested to see this work since I want to email out tables as well.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

In fact, I had tried numerous combination but all are in vain.

Is alright. Please awaiting reply from PG and I am sure they have solution for that.

(As I mentioned, %0A%0A works only on Win 10 with Launch(mailto:...) but failed on Android and surely iOS).

I trust MS Flows will be the best solution. Hold on and wish we got their support to have the table/collection sent out then my Shopping App will be complete! Bravo!

hpkeong

Hi,

I was answered on there https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Send-information-by-Email/m-p/3371#U3371.

I may not sure it will help to your problem.

Regards,

Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

nope a aolution. awaiting PG for permanent and right solutions across all platorm because my method is also only works formWim 10, that's not the way.

anyway thanks a lot.

hpkeong

@hpkeong Hi Did you happen to find a solution? 

i am currently stuck in same problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,432)