cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Collection loads in with empty rows.

Hi there,

I have a basic powerapp where I'm connecting to a MSSQL DB and showing that info in a gallery. For this I use the following expression:

ClearCollect(projectList,GroupBy(Filter('[dbo].[DSOApplication_Data]',MOP=SP_User_Name_LBL.Text||PM=SP_User_Name_LBL.Text||PA=SP_User_Name_LBL.Text),"CLIENT","DESCRIPTION","PROJECT","MOP","PM","PA","BU","Contract_Type","Legal_Entity","Project_Currency","PU","PU_Name","Project__x0025__complete","Risk_Level","STATUS","Group"));If(Not(IsEmpty(projectList)), Navigate(Start_Page));

For context, this sits in a timer which sits on a splash screen, so once the collection has populated, the powerapp will navigate to another page where I can start working with the collection.

splashscreen.JPG

When I first set it up it worked fine (it had the correct number of rows etc. from the DB), and it has worked fine since, however I've found that sometimes when I make edits then rerun it, or log off powerapps to log on later (as is the case right now) the collection populates my gallery item with 35 empty rows (it's always 35 - I've added a countrows expression for testing) - really it should be 53 rows all populated with data.

emptycollection.JPG

The annoying this is, sometimes, when I make small arbitrary changes, the collection will then populate properly and I can start working. Its really inconsistent and really slowing down this project.

Any help that can be offered would be really useful.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It is now working again... I edited the expression (in this case removing the groupby then re-adding it in) and it works.

I wouldn't call this a solution, more a workaround...

Highlighted

Unless you have others issues, kindly Mark as a solution so it doesn't appear as unresolved

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution
Highlighted

Hi there,

I don't really feel that my earlier post was a solution, really a solution would be understanding what was going on and a method to avoid it happening again and not just a "turn it off and on again" approach which is potentially just hiding the root cause.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,825)