I have a basic powerapp where I'm connecting to a MSSQL DB and showing that info in a gallery. For this I use the following expression:
For context, this sits in a timer which sits on a splash screen, so once the collection has populated, the powerapp will navigate to another page where I can start working with the collection.
When I first set it up it worked fine (it had the correct number of rows etc. from the DB), and it has worked fine since, however I've found that sometimes when I make edits then rerun it, or log off powerapps to log on later (as is the case right now) the collection populates my gallery item with 35 empty rows (it's always 35 - I've added a countrows expression for testing) - really it should be 53 rows all populated with data.
The annoying this is, sometimes, when I make small arbitrary changes, the collection will then populate properly and I can start working. Its really inconsistent and really slowing down this project.
Any help that can be offered would be really useful.
It is now working again... I edited the expression (in this case removing the groupby then re-adding it in) and it works.
I wouldn't call this a solution, more a workaround...
I don't really feel that my earlier post was a solution, really a solution would be understanding what was going on and a method to avoid it happening again and not just a "turn it off and on again" approach which is potentially just hiding the root cause.
Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!
Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights