cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_CH

Collection not collecting all items from SP Library

Dear Experts,

I am struggling with delegation & thus made a collection at start of the app, which is supposed to get all items from a SharePoint Library (max limit set to 2000).  Comparing the max ID from direct access to SP with the collection it seems that some items are missing:

Alex_CH_0-1607685275180.png

Getting all items in collection with:

Alex_CH_0-1607685555620.png

Any idea / experience why this happens? Many thanks in advance for your kind help on this topic!

Cheers, Alex

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Alex_CH 

Yes...ID is not Delegable!  You can only delegate = (equals) on the ID column 

Please refer to the SharePoint Connector docs for more information on delegable columns.

You will need to base your formulas on delegable criteria.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Dear Randy,

many thanks for your response - I am aware of the delegation.

Seems so & thanks to Jay Magness, that anyhow ID is not that reliable to manage collections when dealing with SharePoint Gallery & thus separate numbering column in SP Gallery shall be introduced.

Many thanks & Best regards,

Alex

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Alex_CH 

Very good.  Yes, the simple solution is to provide a numeric column with the ID value of the record.  Numeric columns can be delegated as you have.  This can be achieved with PowerAutomate or with a double write in your app (create record, update the alternate ID column with the ID of the created record).

There are also tricks with using startswith and some other delegable functions.  Much of it really depends on your data in your list.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (39,927)