cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Collection row limits

Hello All,

I am currently developing an app and am using an SQL table as one of my main data sources, the table has about 3500 rows and my delegable functions all work fine, I have now been tasked with trying to make this app work in an offline mode, everything I have found would imply that I would need these fields to be a local collection instead, however before I go writing a collection of 3500 rows can someone confirm for me what the maximum number of rows in a collection can be (I was planning to write this as a Collect() on visible of the first page.

Thanks

Dan

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Collection row limits

Hi @rio688,

Collections can hold as many records as you want.

From the documentation Unserstand Delegation(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview), you could see that:

Imported Excel workbooks (using the "Add static data to your app" data source), collections, and tables stored in context variables don't require delegation. All of this data is already in memory, and the full PowerApps language can be applied.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mona

Many thanks, If I use the Add static data from an Excel workbook I presume that I can use this offiline?

Regards

Daniel

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Daniel, Yes - any static data that you add from Excel will be available offline.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hey guys,

That's actually not true. I'm just facing a 15k rows limitation of a static data import (32k records). No search, filter functionality beyond the record number 15001. Any idea how to fix this?

Cheers,

Balazs

Highlighted

redsch - Did you every find a solution for this limitation?  I have the same issue.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi all,

There is a hard static data import max per table of 15000.  In experimenting with US postal code table, 42,523 rows, I split it into 3 tables and imported all three into one app.  I set up formula as follows in the magnifying icon: 

Clear(allzip);Concurrent(ClearCollect(zip1,Search(Table1,TextSearchBox1.Text, "City")),ClearCollect(zip2,Search (Table2,TextSearchBox1.Text, "City")) , ClearCollect(zip3,Search(Table3,TextSearchBox1.Text,"City"))) ; Collect(allzip,zip2); Collect(allzip,zip2);Collect(allzip,zip3)

I set the Gallery Items property to allzip.  After typing a city in the searchbox, and clicking on the magnifying glass the gallery filled almost instantaneously with data from all three tables. Capture.PNG

Highlighted

@tdotson66 I didn't. I had to switch to a sharepoint list as a data source, which is working fine, but slow AF.

Highlighted

@Drrickryp Thanks mate, nice workaround, I might actually give this a shot. It would be nice to see something from MS about this though. All I can find is that "no limits" BS.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-monli-msft

If there is no limit to collections, why am I getting this warning in the App Checker?

This loads from a Sharepoint List

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,704)