cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLS720
Advocate I
Advocate I

Collections maxes out at 2000 when populating with SharePoint list datasource

I have an app where on the OnView property for a screen, a collection is created from a SharePoint list datasource.

ClearCollect(CompletedRequestsCollection, CompletedRequests)

I then try to work around the delegation issue  within a gallery by sorting/filtering the collection that is created from OnView. However, even though there is no filtering on this datasource and there is no indication of non-delegation, the collection that is created OnView always maxes out with the first 2000 items in the list. Is this expected? Are there any workarounds?

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks for the reply @martinav !

I still can't get it working. I've tried going back to the original, but still no luck. Is there a way to refresh the data set post updating? No matter what I do, it is only showing the older events and nothing newer, which leads me to believe it just isn't pulling them. Thanks!

For onVisible:

Concurrent(
ClearCollect(List1,Filter(SortByColumns('Events',"ID",Ascending),ID>0)),
ClearCollect(List2,Filter(SortByColumns('Events',"ID",Descending),ID>0))
);
ClearCollect(CollectionNew,List1,Filter(List2, Not(ID in List1.ID)));Clear(List1);Clear(List2)

On the BrowseGallery, I have:

Collect(CollectionNew, BrowseGallery1.AllItems)

And for Items:

SortByColumns(
    Search('Events',
        TextSearchBox1.Text,
        "Location"
    ),
    "Title",
    If(
        SortDescending1,
        SortOrder.Descending,
        SortOrder.Ascending
    )
)

Actually, in order to get the newer items, wouldn't I somehow need to just collect the start time descending from the top instead of using the ID. I don't actually need everything and I think the newest 2000 are probably current.

Still can't get it to work. No matter what I do, the screen doesn't refresh with different data.

Concurrent(
ClearCollect(CollectionNew,Filter(SortByColumns('Events',"Start_x0020_Time_x0020_Local",Descending))

Please post your entire statement.  It looks like its truncated.

Also, I shouldnt assume... but did you change your app settings to increase the data row limit?

image.png

Sorry @martinav - that last statement was me just playing around trying to figure out if I could just grab the top 2000 most recent events by using the start date field.

I also tried just grabbing 4000 items without the time filter (posted here), but no matter what I put into onVisible, it doesn't really change anything that displays. Is it the Items messing it up?

@ubikwitous ,

I updated my post after you posted your reply.  Please check the setting I mention and verify.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@ubikwitous 

I have a post that shows how to load a static excel file of >42000 zip codes.  Check it out here.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Community-Blog/Automatically-Prefill-City-and-State-u... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,500)