cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrimsonCrayon
Helper I
Helper I

Color selected item from dropdown based on value of a different column

I have seen a number of blogs and posts about this ... but for some reason I seem to be missing something.

Have a dropdown box that pulls values from a SharePoint list. In the screenshot below "NA" is the title (VersionInfo) and "NO" is pulling from a choice column that apparently is entitled "Column9" (although on my SharePoint site it says something different)

CrimsonCrayon_0-1655499192929.png

What I am trying to do is change the color of text from the VersionInfo column (in this case "NA") if the value of the choice column (Column9) is "YES"

CrimsonCrayon_0-1655499846920.png

I keep seeing that I should be setting this color value with:

If(ThisItem.'Column9'.Value = "YES", Yellow, Black)

... but Power apps does not like it.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@CrimsonCrayon OK! now I get what you are trying to do. You can't use ThisItem in the Color poperty. The way to go about would be to have another column in the db for the color and set this as the value for the Color property.

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CNT
Super User
Super User

@CrimsonCrayon Do you have this formula in the SelectionFill property of the drop down?

Please remember to give a 👍 and accept my solution as it will help others in the future.

No I am trying to get it to change the color of the font itself (although I am totally going to be using this SelectionFill property for something now that you have brought it to my attention) 

I was attempting to do this on the Color property of the drop down. Is that possible?

@CrimsonCrayon use the SelectionColor property

I am still doing something wrong:

CrimsonCrayon_0-1655501756198.png

CrimsonCrayon_1-1655501853479.png

@CrimsonCrayon OK! now I get what you are trying to do. You can't use ThisItem in the Color poperty. The way to go about would be to have another column in the db for the color and set this as the value for the Color property.

Thanks for clearing that up. Its too bad... because it seems like something that one should be able to do. 

While searching for this I found a similar question that offers a potential solution (just in case anyone else is looking at this post) that uses a gallery to achieve this. 

Here is the link to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,127)