Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venka91
Super User
Super User

Column chart to show Date created with Category choice field

Hi there,

Need a help. We would like to add a Column chart which would show the item date created with the Category. The category is a choice field and Created is an date. Please help how do i achieve, i am not able to combine both values together with the below command.

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(HelpDesk,"TicketCategory",Category.Value,"TicketCreated",Created),"TicketCategory","SortGroup"),"Number",CountRows(ThisRecord.SortGroup))

But it shows only the category count on the Chart. However i would like to include the dates shown .

venka91_0-1629892134469.png

8 REPLIES 8
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(HelpDesk,"TicketCategory",Category.Value,"TicketCreated",Created),"TicketCategory","SortGroup"),"Number",CountRows(SortGroup))

This is not making any difference.

venka91_0-1629894427012.png

I want to group the category based on the creation date. i think then my chart will be correct.. but how

AddColumns(GroupBy(AddColumns(HelpDesk,"TicketCategory",Category.Value,"TicketCreated",Created),"TicketCategory","TicketCreated","SortGroup"),"Number",CountRows(SortGroup))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please try this:
AddColumns(
GroupBy(
AddColumns(
HelpDesk,
"TicketCategory",Category.Value,
"TicketCreated",Created
),
"TicketCreated","SortGroup"
),
"Number",CountRows(SortGroup)
)

But what i suppose to select in Label and Series.. it is showing altogether a different result with some unknown numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Select Label = TicketCreated & Series = Number

Thank you for taking time to respond.  My chart looks like below.

Now as you see, in the same day tickets created, but it showing separate bars for this. But, i wanted a chart like the below or something close to this.

my graph came as after executing the formula.

Please give some ideas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,193)