cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockmond
Helper III
Helper III

Combine Data from Two Collections as One Item in App and SP List

I have what I think is an interesting challenge. I am developing a Project Intake App to collect data that will be moved into a SP list and finally into MS Project. The projects generally contain 'List Numbers' that identify product classes, and 'Size Codes' that identify different available sizes for the List Numbers. One project could have multiple List Numbers and multiple Size Codes. The end result I am hoping to attain is an entry in a SharePoint list that might have multiple combinations of listnumber-sizecode entries, e.g.

87E75-01 | 87E75-13 | 64F46-03 | 64F46-12. What I would like is for the user to be able to search for and select a list number from a combobox and then select a size code, or make multiple entries for that list number with various size codes, then move on to the next relevant list number with size code selections, etc. 

One way to do this would be to have a collection with two columns, those columns being a Cartesian Join of List Numbers and Size Codes. However, there are over 600 list numbers and  about 80 size codes, which would yield a collection of over 50K rows. That doesn't seem like a good situation. 

Any ideas on how to accomplish what I am trying to do?

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @rockmond 

Will users be changing codes or adding new ones to your list?

No, any changes would need to be provide to me to update the choices available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,546)