cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Combining Data into Single Field

I currently have a Gallery (background below), that populates another 'pre-view' Gallery. The User can select a number from the Dropdown, which populates information in the background (hidden fields), some of which appear in the preview. The User can choose as many Questions as necessary. These are saved in a Collection. The preview Gallery is based on the Collection.

3csman_2-1600282643230.png

My desire is to have the 'Question No.' and 'Comments' provided be collected and appears on a single line in the SP list, rather than multiple lines. The top example below is a example of the SP list. Both times, where multiple questions were chosen only the 'last' chosen is shown in the Question No. column.

The preference is to have all the Questions No.s chosen appear comma delimited. Likewise any comments written should appear together in the same field comma delineated. - as demonstrated in the lower example (I made in Paint).

3csman_1-1600282482257.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @3csman ,

If I understand this correctly, you should be able to accomplish this by using a Choice column in SharePoint with the Checkboxes display choice setting. This will allow multiple selections that will be comma separated in the field.

Highlighted

Meaning, if the inspection form has 83 questions I'll need to load numbers 1 - 83 in the 'Question No' (choices formatted) column on the SharePoint side?

Assuming the above is 'Yes', is this alternative doable - create an input field that allows for repeated entries on the Power Apps screen?

Meaning, the User manually enters the question number into a Text input field of some type, and clicks a button that stores that data in a Collection and resets the field and the User chooses another number, and so on.

Ultimately, these numbers wind up in a comma delimited field in the 'Question No.' column in the line item for the action in SP?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,782)