Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjcitpro
Helper III
Helper III

Combining SortbyColumns and First

Non working formula:

UpdateIf(varCandidates,ID in Split(First(SortByColumns('Staffing List'),"Title",Ascending).CandidateIDs,"-"),{ProjectLinked:1}))

I am trying to retrieve the first record of a list ('Staffing List') sorted by Title then update varCandidates.ProjectLinked:1  if varCandidates.ID in 'Staffing List'.CandidateIDs

Example of 'Staffing List'.CandidateIDs is "10-43-40-"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sjcitpro ,

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with the SortByColumns() function in your UpdateIf() function.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try to modify your formula as below:

UpdateIf(
varCandidates,
ID in Split(First(SortByColumns('Staffing List',"Title", Ascending)).CandidateIDs, "-"),
{ProjectLinked:1}
)

Or

UpdateIf(
         varCandidates,
         ID in Split(First(SortByColumns('Staffing List',"Title", Ascending)).CandidateIDs, "-").Result,
        )

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about the SortByColumns function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

SortByColumns function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HadynM
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @sjcitpro 

It looks like you have a closing bracket in the wrong place for you SortByColumns function.  Try:

UpdateIf(varCandidates,ID in Split(First(SortByColumns('Staffing List',"Title",Ascending)).CandidateIDs,"-"),{ProjectLinked:1})

Cheers Hadyn

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sjcitpro ,

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with the SortByColumns() function in your UpdateIf() function.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try to modify your formula as below:

UpdateIf(
varCandidates,
ID in Split(First(SortByColumns('Staffing List',"Title", Ascending)).CandidateIDs, "-"),
)

Or

UpdateIf(
         varCandidates,
         ID in Split(First(SortByColumns('Staffing List',"Title", Ascending)).CandidateIDs, "-").Result,
        )

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about the SortByColumns function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

SortByColumns function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (2,930)