Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiekim
Helper II
Helper II

Combo Box Advanced Fields

Hello,

For one combobox, I'm seeing the highlighted fields under "Advanced" but for another I created, these fields don't pop up--

jamiekim_0-1628801175601.png

Any ideas on how I can get the "Default," "Update" and "MaxLength" fields to show?

@RandyHayes @WarrenBelz @Pstork1 @Drrickryp @EricRegnier 

Thank you very much!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

It's not a problem in your app/form.  This is how datacards work.  When you add a field to the form, it infers information from the datasource about what properties it should have.  This is compounded by why control type you choose.

For example, if you change any data card to an "Allowed Values" type, it will then have an AllowedValues property on the datacard.  You will not see that property on other datacards, only that type.  

Same goes for the field type in the datasource.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Ah got it so something like cascading lists?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jamiekim 

Yes, exactly!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

16 REPLIES 16
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jamiekim 

All those properties are able to view on here.

StalinPonnusamy_0-1628801395018.png

Actually, oddly, they don't show up there either.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jamiekim 

It is dependent on the field that your datacard represents.

What kind of field is it?

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jamiekim 

Can you use the developer tool (F12) to see any problem with loading the data?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

It's not a problem in your app/form.  This is how datacards work.  When you add a field to the form, it infers information from the datasource about what properties it should have.  This is compounded by why control type you choose.

For example, if you change any data card to an "Allowed Values" type, it will then have an AllowedValues property on the datacard.  You will not see that property on other datacards, only that type.  

Same goes for the field type in the datasource.  

Both are custom fields but one has those advanced options, the other doesn't... Both are connected to sharepoint lists that are text fields.

Oh!  You are right.  I see the difference.  Once is a text field referencing a lookup and the other is a lookup field.

Hurray!!  Thanks for helping me troubleshoot and realize what the difference was.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jamiekim 

No problem.  There are a lot of hidden gems in the datacards when you change control types as well as use different field types.

And, just for reference, if you add a Custom Card (not a field)...it will have none of the "form participating" properties to it.  You can set "input" properties to the datacard for your child controls in it, but there are no output (Update) properties for it to participate in the Submit, Valid or Unsaved properties of the form.

@RandyHayes ohhh this is interesting information... so I used a custom card to connect to another SharePoint list because it seems like lookup fields don't work... should I be resolving this issue another way?  Or I guess the greater question is how do I add lookup fields in SharePoint in PowerApps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,333)