cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerBridge
Frequent Visitor

Combo Box Delegation warning-SharePoint as back end data base

Hi There,

I have combo box which is retrieving data from a Share Point column which has more than 10,000 rows. And i am using Choices([@'Test Child list'].MasterLookup) on items property. This formula is giving delegation warning. I tried Filter with Search but it also does not work. I will appreciate any help in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerBridge ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
365-Assist
Power Participant
Power Participant

The choices field is considered a Complex column and will therefore have delegation limitations

There is great video by Shane Young that explains Delegation (2) PowerApps Delegation and the 500 item limit - YouTube

Also this document provides good information about delegation Understand delegation in a canvas app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

---------------------------------------------------
Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFpvUlpx84FuIPOdInGKMTw
Twitter: https://twitter.com/assist_365

Regards
Darren Lutchner - 365 Assist

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @PowerBridge ,

A Choices field itself is not a Delegation limitation (it is simply a list of "hard-coded" values) and can be compared with ChoiceFieldName.Value, however any column (of any type) used in a Filter in Power Apps on a SharePoint list of over 5,000 items needs to be indexed in SharePoint. If this is not the issue, what is the full code (in Text please) you are receiving the Delegation warning on?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @PowerBridge ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,553)