cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Combo Box 'Depends On' Delegation Warning

Hi PowerApps Community, 

I have searched for a solution for my query on here but to no avail..

I have two sharepoint lists. One to store the data from my app and a second to act as a look up table. 

Ive created a new form and  combo box where i have used the 'depends on' function.

Depends On.pngFields.png

Filter('CI Parent List', Title = DataCardValue19.Selected.Value)

The 'Title' column is the same as the parent control and I want it to filter 'Department' options. 

However when i try to input a new form, all items except 'Department' pull through in the sharepoint list. A delegation warning appears saying 'The "Search" part of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets.'
Both lists combined contain no more than 250 rows, I have extended the row limit to 2000.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Delegation Warning.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Here is an excellent explanation of the Delegation and how you can work with and around it.

https://youtu.be/UaBmVUQx_Fk

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beagle123 ,

The delegation warning is due to the Search function for Combo Box, set 'Is Searchable' property to false if you want to eliminate this warning.

Regarding to the issue that no department value pull through SharePoint list, I don't believe this issue is related to Delegation Issue since lists records number is under the delegation issue limits.

I would suggest you check if there are any items in CI Parent List that match the criterion (Title = DataCardValue19.Selected.Value). 

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,418)