Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mprice
Helper II
Helper II

Combo Box Drop down blocks are blank

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working on modifying the Employee Ideas base application. I am adding a page where you can search through ideas, regardless of the campaign they belong to. I have added some columns in the tables to help filter. I am using three combo box filters, and one search bar. I have this functionality working. However, the drop downs do not actually show the text, but are somehow still filtering.

mprice_0-1621979261309.png

I have the options for the combo box set from a collection:

mprice_1-1621979315161.png

And this is how I have the collection set:

mprice_2-1621979355157.png'Employee Ideas' is the table with all of the information stored. 'Sector', 'Code' and 'Software' are columns of the table for which I want the options to come from. The type of column in the table is a "Choice" column, where they only have a finite number of options.

If anyone knows why they aren't showing and can share their knowledge, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Matt

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mprice 

Your items are not going to match in your collections.  You're using the Distinct function which returns a table of single column records called Result.  Where as, you are setting an "All" to the original column name...which will no longer exist.

You need not have all the overhead of a collection to get what you need.

Set the Items property of your combobox for the Sector to:

UnGroup(
    Table({Items: Table({Sector:"All"})},
          {Items: RenameColumns(Distinct('Employee Ideas', Sector), "Result", "Sector")}
    ),
    "Items"
)

Repeat this process for the Code and Software combos and change the column name as needed.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hey Randy,

This implementation seems to throw a whole boat load of errors lines. I am not sure if this has to do with the rest of my code. I inlcuded some; my search/filtering function, my OnVisible function. I am not sure if this will give you anymore clarity.

mprice_0-1622001294230.pngmprice_1-1622001318423.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,467)