Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omi18
Post Patron
Post Patron

Combo Box List

Hello,

I got into a weird issue. Where I have a combo box that shows the list of departments. In the combo box, I could see all the departments except one. 

This is the formula I have in the Items: Sort(Distinct('[Profile]',Department),Result,Ascending)

I did try with DropDown but the same problem. 

What I'm missing here? 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Omi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @omi18

As you know, Powerapps can get a maximum of 2000 records (Based on your app settings). So the only option is to use a Combo box with allow searching enabled. So query to get the desired items.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@omi18 

How about if you try without the filter 

Distinct('[Profile]',Department).Result
Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@Ramole ,

No Luck.

Thanks,

Omi

Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@omi18 

How about if you search Manually the missing one, also check the list for error typing the name 

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@omi18 

Thank you

Hi @Ramole ,

Thanks for your reply. But getting the same output. 

-Omi

@Ramole ,

Let's say I have 3000 + records and this missing department is a new entry to the list in this situation does the combo box has a limit on how many records it can consider for the dropdown? 

Thanks,

Omi

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @omi18

As you know, Powerapps can get a maximum of 2000 records (Based on your app settings). So the only option is to use a Combo box with allow searching enabled. So query to get the desired items.

View solution in original post

Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@omi18 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,668)