Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Combo Box Reset

Hi PG:

Just consider to migrate from DropDown to ComBox Box.

I have an issue here:

- I try Button.Pressed to Reset the selected items to "Fnd items" (that is before any item is selected), but it neve works.

- Even using Set to false and Set to true of context variable with Reset = Context Variable, also never work.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Meantime, the tutorial is unclear of certain application, including:

- SelectedItems

Thanks and have a nice day.

hpkeong
15 REPLIES 15

In fact this was working 2 days ago and doesn't work anymore since yesterday, don't know why ! My coding version has moved from 3.18041.20 to 3.18042.20, maybe it is related, maybe not.

This is so frustrating !

I have some comboBoxes for which the Reset works fine, and I can't reproduce this with others comboBoxes on others screens, while applying the exact same configuration ! This is driving me crazy 😞

I had the same problem - even some combo boxes on the same page were working whilst others weren't. Have you tried removing the [] from defaultselecteditems and then re-adding it? That seems to have made my reset button work for me again. 

Still, its incredibly frustrating having to do this every few weeks though!

Yes this works if you delete the [] and you add them again . But for me it works only for the current developping session. If I save and close my work and then reopen the app in dev mode, doesn't work anymore ...

Have you encountered the same stuff ?

Maybe I need to do the modif, save and publish ?

Hi Guilla,

using hpkeong solution,

if you have add button include this to your formula:  Set(myvar,[])

then set your combobox defaultselecteditems to: myvar

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont suppose you know you you get this to work when using a customised form? My defaultselecteditems is Parent.Default so if i change it, it won't save the data I input 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous can you kindly create a new thread with your question above? A new thread will give it more exposure. 

Thank you,

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,140)