cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBankston
Frequent Visitor

Combo Box Search Function Not Working Properly

I'm using the below formula in a Combo Box. Data source is an SP Library.  The folder names appear in the CB and I can scroll down and see all of them.  Problem I'm having is that when I set the CB to Allow Searching = On. I get a blank search box in the CB, folder names are no longer visible and the search function doesn't work.

ComboBox.Items = Sort(Filter('SP Library','Folder path' = "Folder/Sub Folder/",IsFolder = true),Name,Ascending)

Primary Text = Name

SeachField = Name

I have a delegation warning but the number of folders in the library is < 200... 

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JBankston ,

It seems that it's a limitation.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1663145313433.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box#key-propert...

As a workaround, we can create a collection when the app loads and use it in items of combo box.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JBankston ,

You could use the ClearCollect function on OnStart attribute so that the the collection will be created when the app loads.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1663205398094.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1663205444737.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JBankston ,

It seems that it's a limitation.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1663145313433.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box#key-propert...

As a workaround, we can create a collection when the app loads and use it in items of combo box.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Thank you Wearsky, 

I'm new to PowerApps.  How would I go about making a Collection when the app loads? 

Thanks,
Joseph

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JBankston ,

You could use the ClearCollect function on OnStart attribute so that the the collection will be created when the app loads.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1663205398094.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1663205444737.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

JBankston
Frequent Visitor

Yes, thank you.  I was able to figure it out.  This is what I used to create the workaround. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,595)