cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
localhero
Frequent Visitor

Combo Box choices not saving in form control connected to SharePoint List

Hello, PowerApps Community!

I received the following error message in my datacard's update property. At the moment, the choices in my cascading combo box are not being saved in the form control.

My form is configured as follows:
Divisions DataCard Update Property: DataCardValue49.Selected.Value

Divisions ComboBox Items Property: Divisions('FRC List'.Choices)

Any comments or guidance would be really helpful.

Screenshot

localhero_1-1650888899284.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BCBuizer , 

Thank you for your input, its seems to be working now. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @localhero ,

Try replacing the Items property of DataCardValue49 to:

Choices([@'FRC List'].Divisions)

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@localhero 

If you delete the field from the form and put it back in again, what does the update property show?

Thanks for the reply @BCBuizer , however, updating the items property with your suggestion does not appear to resolve the issue indicated in the datacard's update property.

Thanks for the reply @Drrickryp , the update property shows DataCardValue49.Selected.Value. See screenshot below

localhero_0-1650897225336.png

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @localhero ,

What is the data type of the Divisions column? It is expecting a record, so it is probably a Choice type or a LookUp type. If it is a LookUp type, to which data source/ column is it connected?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @BCBuizer , presently, the Division column's data type is a LookUp that is linked to another SharePoint list. If this is a problem, I can modify the Division column type to a single line of text. Please let me know what you think is the best next step.

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @localhero ,

The data type is not a problem. Having another look at the last screenshot you shared, it seems the error you had on the divisions datacard has disappeared. Perhaps you can do the same for the subdivisions datacard and test again?

Hi @BCBuizer , 

Thank you for your input, its seems to be working now. 

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @localhero,

Glad to hear it's figured out, can you please mark the solution(s) for the benefit of the other users in this community?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,363)