cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Combo Box doesn't display options when items property is a People Group field in SharePoint list

Hi team, 

I have a SharePoint list with the column "Revisor" that is a type people group. 

I have created a form on PowerApps that's linked with that column, but doesn't display the list of users at all. 

I have to type the Display Name or email of a user for it to be populated. 

It's a Combobox, and there is the properties set:

Items: Choices([@'Lecciones Aprendidas'].Revisor) -> Choices([@'Sp list name'.column_name) /*people or group type*/.

DisplayFields: ["DisplayName";"Email";"Picture"]

SearchFields: ["DisplayName"]

DefaultSelectedItems: Parent.Default

I need Office 365 users to be displayed when I click on the drop-down list.

Thanks in advance. Best regards.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Combo Box doesn't display options when items property is a People Group field in SharePoint list

@SergioNino
You can try to set the IsSearchable function of the ComboBox to false. Then you can simply click on the button on the right side of the ComboBox to browse for values.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Combo Box doesn't display options when items property is a People Group field in SharePoint list

Hi @SergioNiño ,

Actually, it is an known issue with Person type column in SP List. When you generated an app based on SP List including Person column, the Person type field would be decorated as a ComboBox. When you click the ComboBox, the Person list would not be show up until you type some search text within the ComboBox.

The user @ivanlawcy has faced same issue with you, please check my resonse within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Can-not-load-displayName-from-Office-365-Dis...

As an alternative solution, I think the Office 365 Users connector could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

3.JPG

1. Add Office 365 Users connection as data source within your app firstly.

2. Unlock the "Revisor" field data card within your Edit form. Set the Items property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: RevisorFieldComboBox.SearchText})

set the IsSearchable property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

true

then configure the ComboBox as Person layout as above screenshot. After that, when you click the ComboBox Dropdown, the available person options would be listed there.

Set the Update property of the Revisor field data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(RevisorFieldComboBox.Selected.Mail),
  DisplayName: RevisorFieldComboBox.Selected.DisplayName,
  Email: RevisorFieldComboBox.Selected.Mail,
  Department: "", 
  JobTitle: "", 
  Picture: ""
}

Note: I assume that the Revisor field (Person column) does not enable "Allow multiple selections" option.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply, I did what you said but it doesn't work! 😞 I mean, it works fine when the field could be anyone with an Office 365 account, but in my case, I need to select a person from a SharePoint Group. Do you know if is it possible?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SergioNiño ,

Do you want to list users from your SharePoint Group?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(...) function could achieve your needs. Actually, the SharePoint Group is an Office 365 Group, so you could use the  Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(...) function to retrieve users from a specific SharePoint Group.

1. Add Office 365 Groups connection as data source within your app firstly.

2. Unlock the "Revisor" field data card within your Edit form. Set the Items property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers("The group id of your specific SharePoint Group").value

set the IsSearchable property of the People Picker ComboBox to following:

true

then configure the ComboBox as Person layout as above screenshot. After that, when you click the ComboBox Dropdown, the available person options would be listed there.

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the "Revisor"ComboBox to following:

LookUp(
       Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers("The group id of your specific SharePoint Group").value,
       mail = ThisItem.Revisor.Email
)

Set the Update property of the Revisor field data card in your Edit form to following:

{
  Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(RevisorFieldComboBox.Selected.mail),
  DisplayName: RevisorFieldComboBox.Selected.displayName,
  Email: RevisorFieldComboBox.Selected.mail,
  Department: "", 
  JobTitle: "", 
  Picture: ""
}

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-xida-msft  @mdevaney ,

Thanks for you reply, an Office 365 Group is not the same that a SharePoint Group, so when I ran the Graph code to get all groups I belong to to get the groupId of the SharePoint Group, doesn't work beacuse the Response only list the Office 365 Groups and not SharePoint Groups, so the Office 365 Groups Data Source doesn't work to get a SharePoint Gorup members.

I need to select a person from a SharePoint Group. Does anyone know if is it possible?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@SergioNiño 

Sorry, I'd love to help but I am not an expert in how Graph works 😞

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can set the group they can choose for on the sharepoint list column settings.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hey @rebeccas ,

The issue is that the combobox doesn't list any person of the SharePoint Group until the user write at least 3 letters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,206)