cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Combo Box get wrong data source?

I create a Combo Box in a blank app, choose a List of Sharepoint to be Data Source. The list name "Assets"

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 8.13.30 PM.png

And here is my setting of the combo box Control to pull out the value of "Origin" of the "Assets"

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 8.16.38 PM.png

You can see when I choose the value of my Combo Box. All the names of fields no belong to the Assets List.

What did I miss or What was I doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@carem 

Have you tried Refreshing the datasource (on the left-side menu) to see if the columns appear?  If that does not work, try to delete and then re-add the combobox.  Let me know the result.

imgz.png

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Resolver II
Resolver II

what does view data sources show and does it allow you view the data the app is linked to?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carem ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the available fields listed under the "Primary text" property does not belong to Assets SP List?

Could you please share a bit more about the data type of the "Origin" field? Is it a Text type field or a Choice type field?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

1. If the "Origin" field is a Text type field in your Assets SP List, please consider set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

Distinct(Assets, Origin)

2. If the "Origin" field is a Choice type field in your Assets SP List, please consider set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

Choices(Assets.Origin)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the Assets SP List data source from your app, then re-add it again in your app, try above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,959)