cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jvang
Helper V
Helper V

Combo Box not showing any Value after submitting form.

Hello,

I'm trying to do an inventory test app with phones, but I'm running into this issue where my drop down box isn't updating the value once I submit the form. I've tried checking the other combo boxes that does works and match the properties; however, still doesn't work for some reason.

Any ideas?

Operating System drop down box

Edit form screen:

AllowedValues: DataSourceInfo([@Table1], DataSourceInfo.AllowedValues, "Operating_x0020_System")

Item = Sort(["OS", "IOS", "Windows 10", "Ubuntu", "Linux"], Value, Ascending)

Detail form screen:

Text =  DataCardValue12.Selected.Value

Thanks,

Jvang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jvang 
So there are the issues...

Your Default property of the DataCard should be: ThisItem.'Operating System'

The Default property of your DropDown should be : Parent.Default

The Update property of your DataCard should be:  yourDropdownName.Selected.Value

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jvang 

What is more important is, what is the Default and the Update property of your Datacard with this control?

Also, since you actually changed your field control type to the "AllowedValues", then your DataCard AllowedValues property should be:

Sort(["OS", "IOS", "Windows 10", "Ubuntu", "Linux"], Value) 

And your Items property on the Dropdown Control should be: Parent.AllowedValues

So, answer this...what is the Default and Update property on the datacard and then what is the Default property of the Dropdown control?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jvang 

Oh...and this should be a Dropdown...not a combobox!

@Jvang Usually the culprit for this kind of thing is the Update property of the Data Card

In your case check the Data Card "Operating System" and check the Update property. See if the value in there makes sense. If it does not make sense, you should change it.

See if it helps @Jvang 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Jvang 

Check your database to see if the operating system is actually saved from the edit form.  If so, what do you have set as the Default property in your display form?  Try Parent.Default if it isn't set.

Hello Randy,

My apologies on the term. I was looking up similar problems trying to figure it out before I come here to submit an issue.

My default for this control is ThisItem.'Operating System'

As for Update it is empty. 

-Jvang

@Jvang It shouldn't be empty the Update. You should change it to something like YourMainInnerControlOfThisDataCardName.Selected.Value or YourMainInnerControlOfThisDataCardName.Default whatever makes most sense in your case (probably something like the first one for you).

So suppose that main control dropdown is named Dropdown4. So it would be like:

Dropdown4.Selected.Value

@Drrickryp 

I do have it saved in my excel sheet.

I will try that as my default and give you an update.

-Jvang

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jvang 
So there are the issues...

Your Default property of the DataCard should be: ThisItem.'Operating System'

The Default property of your DropDown should be : Parent.Default

The Update property of your DataCard should be:  yourDropdownName.Selected.Value

@RandyHayes 

Ah thanks again. I had the wrong info in the wrong properties.

Thank you,

Jvang

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,945)