Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Combo Box verus Drop Down

Hello,

I have an app that uses drop downs but I want to switch to combo box for more control.  How do I work with them so that data selected from my new screen can be viewed or edited on one of those screens?  I've configured the Items Property the same as the drop downs but not having any luck seeing the values selected from the combo box in view or edit mode.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Combo Box verus Drop Down

@trishmalloy 

Can you please share a few screenshots to show what you are trying to accomplish?

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

There are 20 Exercise drop downs, I want to change them to combo boxes.  What is the process for doing that?  Thanks for the speedy reply!

PA.PNG

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@trishmalloy 

One more question: I am thinking Exercise is a Choices column in Sharepoint, correct?

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Yes, you are correct.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @trishmalloy ,

Do you want to change drop down to combo box in PowerApps?

Well, I'm afraid it's not supported to just change the drop down's settings to make it become combo box.

You could only delete all the drop downs and insert combo boxes.

Since your field's data type is choice, I suggest you set the combo box's Items: 

Choices(listname.fieldname)

However, if you want to change combo box to drop down, it will be more easier.

In combo box, there are these two settings:

103112.PNG

If you turn off these two settings, the combo box will change just like drop down.

In drop down, there are no settings like this.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

@v-yutliu-msft I still need some help, please.  I deleted the DropDown control from the card and inserted a Combo Box control and made sure the Items property on the New Workout screen, Edit Workout screen and View Workout screen were the same Choices(Listname.fieldname).  I can choose a selection from the Combo Box when I create a new workout and I can view the selection from the View Workout screen, but it doesn't show up on the Edit Workout screen.  

b.PNG

a.PNG

c.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,671)