cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Combo Box (with internal values listed in the Items Property) clears after patching

Hi All,

I have converted some drop down boxes to combo boxes that connect to a SharePoint List using text fields only.

For combo boxes where there are only a small number of values, I have hard coded them into the Items field as follows:

Iamglt_0-1610237961316.png

Which results in my Combo Box displaying this:

Iamglt_1-1610238038418.png

All good.  When I patch the record back to SharePoint (using the following code), it updates successfully:

{EmploymentType: ComboBox1.Selected.Value}

However, after the patch, the field value disappears (even though it is in the SharePoint record).  Also, if I navigate to the next screen, and go to the previous screen, the combo box values that was previously selected is blank.

I have updated the DefaultSelectedItems to {Result:ThisItem.EmploymentType} but this situation described above still occurs.  Has this behavior got anything to do with the combo box item values being hardcoded into the Item property?

Cheers,

Geoff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Try using Value instead or Result

{Value:ThisItem.EmploymentType}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Try using Value instead or Result

{Value:ThisItem.EmploymentType}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thankyou - worked like a charm...

Cheers,

Geoff.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,805)