cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Combo Box (with internal values listed in the Items Property) clears after patching

Hi All,

I have converted some drop down boxes to combo boxes that connect to a SharePoint List using text fields only.

For combo boxes where there are only a small number of values, I have hard coded them into the Items field as follows:

Iamglt_0-1610237961316.png

Which results in my Combo Box displaying this:

Iamglt_1-1610238038418.png

All good.  When I patch the record back to SharePoint (using the following code), it updates successfully:

{EmploymentType: ComboBox1.Selected.Value}

However, after the patch, the field value disappears (even though it is in the SharePoint record).  Also, if I navigate to the next screen, and go to the previous screen, the combo box values that was previously selected is blank.

I have updated the DefaultSelectedItems to {Result:ThisItem.EmploymentType} but this situation described above still occurs.  Has this behavior got anything to do with the combo box item values being hardcoded into the Item property?

Cheers,

Geoff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Try using Value instead or Result

{Value:ThisItem.EmploymentType}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Try using Value instead or Result

{Value:ThisItem.EmploymentType}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thankyou - worked like a charm...

Cheers,

Geoff.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,720)