cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combo-Box works only with IsSearchable = False

Hi Folks,

I my combo-box of Audience (Role)- the items property is dependent on another control (Audience (Function) and a SharePoint list as shown in the items property formula below:

GauravG_0-1620118048922.png

The issue is that the value field works only when the IsSearchable property is set to false. 

Whenever i select True, it doesn't show any dropdown values to select from.

Kindly suggest!

15 REPLIES 15
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The Search function in a combo box is subject to Delegation limits, so if you have more than your (500-2,000) limit in items displayed, it will not work and will show the warning you are seeing. Is this the case with yours?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for trying to help.

Actually, the list has 50 items only and with dependence (field Audience (Function) on cascading dropdowns- it would never exceed 10 items at max at once.

Thanks @Anonymous ,

I see the issue now I have zoomed in on your error (it helps to also post your code in Text). You have an in filter in the Items, which is not Delegable. If the list is always that small (under your Delegation limit), try this

With(
   {
      wAudience:
      Sort(
         Audience_List,
         Audience
      )
   },
   ShowColumns(
      Filter(
         wAudience,
         'Audience (Title)' in DataCard37_3.SelectedItems
      ),
      "Audience"
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WarrenBelz The alternate formula worked. However, as soon as i put "True" in IsSearchable property- I see the following 2 errors related to this new formula

GauravG_0-1620127983471.png

And the 2nd error is below-

GauravG_1-1620128017023.png

With my earlier formula, i was not getting these errors- but just the delegation warning.
However, none works with the search functionality- Kindly suggest

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @RandyHayes, can you please check this. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

What is the SearchItems property of your combobox?  You can set it directly or through the "edit" fields part of the Combobox control properties.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes I think you meant SearchField property, highlighted below:-

GauravG_0-1620141980339.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Oh no!!  Sorry for delay.  I thought I had hit reply earlier but it was still open in a tab with the below message.  Did you get past the problem or are you still having it?

//original message below//

Yes, I meant SearchFields in this case, but really (without thinking about it) I first meant SearchItems as that was where the error was - but that is not a property you can get to.

So is this a case of a combobox gone wild?  They sometimes have issues and you need to remove and add them back - sometimes as easy as a cut and undo.  Have you tried anything like that?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

HI @Anonymous ,

Happy to leave you with @RandyHayes , but you might give me a chance to respond (I am in timezone UTC + 10)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,959)