cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PriyaRani
Regular Visitor

Combo Box

Hi I have power with one combo box. Whenever I submit the form, it says a combo box field is required, if I have a combo box as the required field.

If I change the required field to false, the form gets submitted. But I need that field as required.

Please suggest a solution

PriyaRani_0-1651869933077.png

PriyaRani_1-1651869983055.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@PriyaRani 

It looks like you have made modifications to the combobox.  To troubleshoot this problem, lets start from scratch.

1. If this is a SharePoint list, go back to the list in SharePoint and make sure the Required property is turned off in the list properties.  You only need to make it required in PowerApps. 
  2. Then, go back to PowerApps, delete the field from the list of fields on the right side of the screen.
  3. Re-select it from the field list. 
  4. Click on the Job location card and change it's Required property to true. 
  5. Do not make any other modifications to the card or the combobox. 
  6. Go to preview mode (F5), enter some data in the form fields and select a location in the Job location combobox
  7. Resubmit the form to see if it works without errors. 

View solution in original post

Hi @PriyaRani ,

Based on your explanation, the formulas for the Combo box are correct. The only thing need to be noticed has been mentioned by @Drrickryp . So have you tried to turn off the required option for this column and set required for the data card?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@PriyaRani 

It looks like you have made modifications to the combobox.  To troubleshoot this problem, lets start from scratch.

1. If this is a SharePoint list, go back to the list in SharePoint and make sure the Required property is turned off in the list properties.  You only need to make it required in PowerApps. 
  2. Then, go back to PowerApps, delete the field from the list of fields on the right side of the screen.
  3. Re-select it from the field list. 
  4. Click on the Job location card and change it's Required property to true. 
  5. Do not make any other modifications to the card or the combobox. 
  6. Go to preview mode (F5), enter some data in the form fields and select a location in the Job location combobox
  7. Resubmit the form to see if it works without errors. 

@Drrickryp 

You are right this data is coming from 2 SharePoint lists. I have one list called projects, which has all the projects which we are working on and will be working on, I have categorized them with a status column(completed, In progress, preconstruction). This list was really long.

The second list is receipt submission, where guys submit receipts for any site purchase. 

"Projects" which is the lookup list in this case is really long.

I need site guys to only see projects which are "In Progress" in order to shorten the list and make it easier for guys to scroll the list. That's why I need to have a filter for the combo box. 

At the same time, I want that combo box to be a required field in order to know which site the receipts belong. 

Also job location is connected to auto sending approval requests to the concerned person.

PriyaRani_0-1652129569317.png

Hi @PriyaRani ,

Based on your explanation, the formulas for the Combo box are correct. The only thing need to be noticed has been mentioned by @Drrickryp . So have you tried to turn off the required option for this column and set required for the data card?

Best regards,

PriyaRani
Regular Visitor

Thank you guys,

It worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,088)