cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falco9017
Frequent Visitor

Combo box choices from sharepoint list don't show in form

Hi everyone,

I have a sharepoint list from which I'm pulling data to edit in a form. Everything works exept for the combo box, which won't show the possible options I have set up in the original list (see below):

falco9017_0-1662127774786.png

The worst thing is, as a test, I created a brand new App with exactly the same setup (just putting a form and linking the list's data) and there the dropdown menu is showing correctly.

I've tried deleting and re-adding the form, create a new screen, delete the integration of the sharepoint list and recreate it, refresh the database... I don't know what else to try.

The worst part is that I discovered that there's no way of copying components and screens from one App to the other so I have to fix it otherwise I have to recreate everything from scratch again!

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If anyone stumble upon the same issue, it seems I managed to solve it: the problem is in the Searchfield. When I changed both Displayfield and Searchfield from ["Value1"] to ["Value"] I only deleted the "1" in the end and it did not work. After I tried again, this time putting random values into the Searchfield and this time it started to work correctly. Once you cancel the Searchfield it starts working, then it doesn't matter if you write ["Value"] again, at that point it will keep working. Really weird, I hope they fix it soon!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gochix
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This is a bug that has been noticed since the latest release.

Please try to remove the box and create again. Also check your Displayfield and searchfield. Try to change a column and put back in place and see if that helps.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please give a thumbs up if I resolved your issue! Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic!

Support-PP
Regular Visitor

What is the code in the combox box in the app?

I did not change any of the default code:

falco9017_0-1662130814158.png

And if I go in that field in the sharepoint list I have this:

falco9017_1-1662130943441.png

Same exact code, same data source, different App:

falco9017_2-1662131059377.png

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately removing and re-adding the fields (as well as the whole form) did not help, but I noticed that there's something wrong with the Displayfield and Searchfield: they both have values ["Value1"], whilst in the other working app they are all set to ["Value"]. Obviously I tried to replace manually the value, republish the App and give it a try but the issue is still there.

If anyone stumble upon the same issue, it seems I managed to solve it: the problem is in the Searchfield. When I changed both Displayfield and Searchfield from ["Value1"] to ["Value"] I only deleted the "1" in the end and it did not work. After I tried again, this time putting random values into the Searchfield and this time it started to work correctly. Once you cancel the Searchfield it starts working, then it doesn't matter if you write ["Value"] again, at that point it will keep working. Really weird, I hope they fix it soon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,795)